Friday, July 23, 2010

Campylobacter jejuni

  Well, apparently my body is not getting rid of this infection on its own, so I'm on a week of antibiotics: Clarithromycin, one I've never heard of before.  Here's hoping the side effects aren't too bad; I've heard unpleasant tales of systemic antibiotics like this.  It's all a bit weird; the doctor assured me emphatically that such infections are self-limiting and that I'd get better on my own within a few weeks (and at this point I have no symptoms and feel perfectly healthy), but at the same time, he quite agreed with the magistrate that I ought to take antibiotics to clamp down on the little buggers.  I think their concern is a public health one, because I remain a potential vector for the disease; they want me to get better faster than my body would achieve it on its own, I think.  I decided to go along for the ride, a choice that I hope I won't regret.

  Here's a photo of me in front of the fountain at the place I go to deal with all this (not the hospital, but the offices of the magistrate).  Yes, I look cheerful in this photo; this was taken before I found that I was not, in fact, all better.

2 comments:

  1. Ueueue germy Kom. Because you are without me, you got the germ and sickness....

    ReplyDelete